Daniel Lewis & Son Ltd T/A W.H. Clark, 493-495 Hackney Road, Borough of Hackney, London E2, 2006 • Established in 1797 as Presland & Sons, and boasting a 19th century double-height interior lined with wooden pigeon holes, this was London’s oldest ironmongers when it closed in 2013. Apparently parking restrictions and CCTV finally reduced trade so much it had to close. Fortunately the entire shop and its history was documented in two excellent articles on Spitalfields Life, here and here. The premises can be seen in 2015 here, stripped back and awaiting a new use.