RTP Crisps Ltd, 78 Allison Street, Birmingham, 2005 • What a beautiful building! Originally built in 1872 for Corder & Turley, manufacturers of umbrella ribs, it was adapted in 1923 as a clothing factory for Fawcett Bros, and in 1975 became a food processing works for RTP crisps. It’s still there, but minus green paint and RTP Crisps. They redeveloped it in 2008 and it’s now posh flats called The Brolly Works, with the rectangular-windowed bit at the right-hand end (bottom pic) demolished. Boo.
Those water down pipes where really something
Indeed they were!